The five hindrance obstuct the path to our right concentration or stillness of the mind. So it is good to identify these as we meditate and be mindful when they come to our mind. We have to use the antidotes for each one of them as and when they come up during meditation.
According to the book "Mindfulness bliss and beyond" (page 47),
Type of Hindrance and How to overcome it:
1. Sensory desire - Just take the attention away from the ﬁve senses little by little and apply it to the breath or the mind.
2. Ill will - Do some loving- kindness.
3. Sloth and torpor - Remember to “give value to awareness.”
4. Restlessness and remorse - “Contentment, contentment, contentment” or practice forgiveness.
5. Doubt - Be conﬁdent and be inspired by the teachings.
The "Mindfulness bliss and beyond" book also says: "Whenever you meditate, apply the solutions methodically. That way, the obstacles you experience won’t create long- term barriers. They’re things that you can recognize, overcome, and move beyond.